Incentives and Funding
To help achieve our aggressive yet reachable NGV deployment goals, the CNGVP is actively promoting the availability of financial and nonfinancial incentives, as well as technical assistance, to NGV adopters. Currently the CNGVP is launching multiple initiatives to:
- Encourage the California state legislature to create multi-year incentives for alternative fuel conversion.
- Encourage the federal legislature to amend CMAQ legislation, allowing a dedicated percentage of state CMAQ funding for alternative fuel projects.
- Identify other states to support alternative fuel incentives based on the California model.
- Assist in quantifying the external costs of using petroleum transportation fuel.
- Support CLEAR ACT amendments in the Congressional Conference Committee.
Incentives, Rebates, and Discounts for CNG Vehicles in California